Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

♥ Top 12 for 2012 :: Resolutions!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing New Year's Eve Celebration.

I made my way up to Dallas for the NYE weekend to spend time with family and friends, and just to get out of Austin for a bit!

Most importantly, I am looking forward to my goals and resolutions this year, so I decided to compile a list of my top 12. Some are my own, and some I found from others that I either thought were inspirational or just plain hilarious!

MY TOP TWELVE goals and resolutions are to:
1. Find inspiration! Spend more time around people who inspire me.
2. Do more traveling! Find ways to save a little extra to go see a foreign place or a family member who lives far away. Find more ways to add to my savings. Period.
3. Energy! Make more time for exercise and healthy eating. More running, yoga, cross fit! Pack a lunch for work. Try the Paleo diet one month.
4. Volunteer! At least once every other month.  I'm sure it will inspire me to volunteer even more!
5. Organization! De-clutter my work and home environment. Be more creative with design and DIY projects. Looking forward to getting my own apartment! :)
6. More reading! Less looking at screens. Turn the TV, laptop, and phone off and stick my nose in a book.
7. Wait 30 seconds before you look up a fact you can’t remember on your phone, and try to remember it using your brain. This is what the olden days were like.
8. Blogging, writing, documenting and especially more photography! <3 Can't wait to get the 4S!
9. Learn Photoshop! While I'm talking about learning, I'd like to also practice more Spanish and maybe learn Italian. Rosetta Stone anyone?
10. Take Action! Be assertive and go after what I want. Don't let insecurities hold me back.
11. Karma! Remember what goes around comes around. Live by the 'Golden Rule'
12. Be Present! I want to find more things to smile about every day and live in the moment. But not forget to Be Grateful and Thankful for the things I have. Write thank you notes!

What is your biggest goal or resolution for 2012?

♥ Happy New Year!
Mel

No comments: